Thursday 15 December 2011

I-Spy Something Beginning with Q

Q.......Q......I challenge you to come up with a stylish designer starting with Q....as a substitute I want to show off my favourite piece of Quilting...of course - it's Chanel.

A beautiful old ad, Milla Jovovich wearing Chanel
Chanel have made the classic quilted bag in leather, fabric, silk, among other materials since February 1955 - hence the nickname, the 2.55 bag. The new Cruise 2011-12 collection shows the quilting in tote bags, fold-over bags as well as a new shape of quilting - long lines rather than squares.

Calfskin classic bag

Calfskin bag with mini Mademoiselle clasp
 I recently did a still-life shoot with the amazing Jose Lasheras and we shot a Chanel 2.55...what do you think?
From far left, pinstriped wool shoe, by Salvatorre Ferragamo; leather quilted bag, by Chanel; Little Black Book notebook, by Smythson; patent leather Ipad cover, by Jimmy Choo


No comments:

Post a Comment