Friday 27 January 2012

My dream dressing room came true...

(But it was a bit of an Ikea Nightmare!)

Glossy, white and sleek - I have organised and sorted through all of my clothes, shoes and accessories - not bad, just 3 months after moving into the New House. Building the wardrobe was a feat of engineering - to figure out how to build it in the (relatively) small room. The husband was very satisfied and proud when he finished - just 3 days after he started! But its great - you decide if you want shelving or rails, drawers or smart storage...
Pax wardrobe 250x66x236, from Ikea

4 cupboards inside can be laid out as you desire...

In real life, its sleek and minimal (and huge!)

One half....
 
Everyday flat shoes underneath my trousers and skirts

Dresses and my partiest of party shoes

Special party shoes need their own space
 
Shelves home to my heels and bags

More shoes and boots!

My bargain painted drawers (from TK Maxx) home finish off the room

You can't play dress-up without jewellery!


Currently obsessed with my new Kate Spade shoes
 
I hang my scarves on hangers on back of the door

 
Mister the Cat approves - he likes my butterfly prints (my retro print from V&A waiting for the right frame)


3 comments:

  1. Yay you did the post! Looks very organised Lynda, And I'm so jealous of all your shoes and the shelves. I can't wait to come over and see it for real Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab! Wish I had your shoe and bag storage, very organised!
    Meg xx
    wardrobeworship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wardrobe, although feel you may need a walk-in one at some point...quite soon actually....um...I also wouldn't mind your shoe collection...thanks x

    ReplyDelete