Saturday 12 March 2011

Fortnum & Mason - for ladies

Fortnum and Mason, at 181 Piccadilly is a destination, not a shop. For over 300 years, it has treated customers to dazzling window displays of temptations within. Offering fresh food, to incredible hampers, a sumptuous beauty department full of lotions and potions and the grand gentleman's floor with grooming, accessories and leather goods on display.

I feel very quite like a silly girl when I walk through Fortnum's as it is a place that most definitely ladies shop. Not girls. The milliner section (hats to you and I) on the 2nd floor has these beautiful designs for sale, if only I had a royal wedding to go to...


On the same floor, in the beauty department, an array of scented soaps, laid out like delicious macarooons (don't bite one!)
And finally, when I was feeling a little out of my depth, I stumbled across something bound to cheer anyone up....who doesn't need a decorated shower cap? Ahh, not so scary now, I like it here, I think I'll stay for a spot of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment