Friday 11 March 2011

Bring Marrakesh home with you

I was lucky enough to travel to Marrakesh in January for work, and a spot of winter sun. We stayed in the most beautiful Villa Ezzahra where the on-site staff couldn't have been more friendly, helpful and indulgent. I personally indulged in the hammam spa (what an experience!) and we ate the most delicious home-made food for days. The decor in the house and grounds is breath-taking, as is the attention to detail.


We also spent an afternoon touring the markets - not the medina souks, but the "real" Marrakesh markets. We found a treasure-trove of furniture, accessories, decor and more. As always, I couldn't possibly bring back all the things we craved, so I was thrilled when I saw Graham and Green's summer collection with Moroccan influences...
Leather Pouffe, £129 each

Bone inlay tray, £225

White metal bed-side table, £295

Now all I need is to import the sunshine...

No comments:

Post a Comment